No Comments


By law, under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, it’s your responsibility to get a Gas Safety Certificate every twelve months. You must get this from a Gas Safe Registered engineer for all pipe work, gas appliances and flues installed at your property.


• Central Heating

• Gas Heaters

• Gas Fires

• Gas Cookers

• Gas pipe work

What happens if a landlords does not provide a Gas Certificate before the start of the tenancy?

• Tenancy cannot begin without a gas certificate

• The landlord must give a hard copy of this to the tenant within 28 days of this being completed, this must be kept for two years.

• Failure to comply with these regulations can lead to a heavy fine of £5000 & been prosecuted.

• Worst case can lead to the landlord of been liable of death due to faulty gas equipment leaving the landlord in a position of unlawful killing.

Guards Protection Management have trustworthy contractors with whom have competitive rates. Tenants are provided with the gas safety certificate when moving in your property advisor or property manager can explain this to you when calling

Comments (0)